Mon, Jan 04|
EcoMaste, Fuente Verde
Bamboo Building Immersion 2021
The value and knowledge of building with natural materials *Limited space available*
Time & Location
Jan 04, 2021, 7:00 AM – Jan 10, 2021, 11:00 AM
EcoMaste, Fuente Verde, San José, Tinamaste, Costa Rica
About The Experience
Natural Building Immersion.
Come to EcoMaste and experience the abundance of life in the jungle. Here you will have an opportunity to commune with nature, ground yourself, enjoy our nature trails, cascading river, harvest fresh foods from the property, vibrant delicious plant based meals, and learn the skills you need to build with bamboo as well as natural materials.
Our goal is to give students a transformational and regenerative education so that they can be empowered to create a lifestyle rooted in sustainability and collaboration with nature. Learn from world renown Bamboo Master, artisan craftsman, with over 35 years of experience and founder of Bamboo School CR, Rodolfo Saenz.
On this course, we will be building a small dome cabin using natural construction techniques utilizing bamboo, adobe and its combinations as well as learning tips and tricks for building furniture with bamboo.
It is not necessary to have previous knowledge. If you already have some knowledge, the instruction will be adapted to match your skill level, so you can improve on your own skills or progress to more advanced techniques.
There is the possibility to stay longer if you are looking to become an apprentice, practice more, receive additional instruction and orientation. EcoMaste is calling on apprentices for a 3-12 month period starting in February 2021, that understand the value of building and would like to learn from Bamboo Master "Rodo". After the course, you will be able to apply these learned skills later for own projects and build a variety of unique structures. Please let us know if you are interested. *Your ticket will be applied towards the apprenticeship program*
The Flow & Highlights:
- Meditation and Yoga daily
- Instruction from expert master craftsman with more than 35 years of experience. Rodolfo Saenz.
- Suitable for any level. From no experience to expert.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- All sample and practice will be in 1/10 scale
- Fresh fruit through out the day from the property and surrounding area plus 3 meals plant based food.
- Reiki session or a guided personal healing session, at additional cost.
- Access to river and pond.
- Opportunity to become an apprentice and learn from a Bamboo Master, (3-12 month program).
- Hiking trails on property.
- Learn about bamboo varieties for adobe walls
- Harvesting, processing, treatment and curing methods.
- Demonstration of tools and how to make a special knife
- Proper use of manual and electrical tools
- Splitting of bamboo, bending, drilling, pegging, lashing, fish mouths and other joinery techniques.
- How to make a fish mouth
- Make bamboo nails.
- Make a bamboo blanket
- Prepare walls before application of adobe
- Collect clay
- Test the % clay and recognize the quality of the clay
- Tests of clay cookies to measure resistance
- Different techniques of walls with clay
- Make adobe mixes
- Make blocks
- Make walls
- Plasters with clay and natural materials
- Clay paint
- Plasters with hydraulic lime
- Painting with hydraulic lime
- Tuning walls
- Creation of a living roof
*Limited space available*
*Accomodations vary according to room and privacy
$995 BYOT | $1195 - $1350 shared room shared room*
*Ticos receive a 50% discount. Locals 20%*
Must be 18 or older. Please make sure you bring your own yoga mat, gloves, goggles and water bottle. We will send you an email with a list of prefered tools to have.
Nos vemos en la jungla!
Count me in!
Natural Building BYOT
Bring your own Tent. Your ticket covers: Course tuition All meals Space to setup your tent. Access to compost toilet and showers. Arrival date is January 3rd. Course runs the next morning (4th) until January 10th which is check out. If you would like to sign up for the internship or apprenticeship program, your ticket money will be applied towards it. Please let us know.
Natural Building Shared Room
This is a shared room option, first come first serve bunk beds. Your ticket covers: Course tuition All meals Bunk bed in a shared room Access to compost toilet and hot shower available. Arrival date is January 3rd. Course runs the next morning (4th) until January 10th which is check out. If you would like to sign up for the internship or apprenticeship program, your ticket money will be applied towards it. Please let us know.
Deposit for the course *This is non-refundable* Your ticket, once it is fully paid (the balance is due at check in), covers: Course tuition Meals. Access to compost toilet and shower. Course runs the morning of December 14th until 21st Daily times are 8am - 5pm Breakfast 7am Lunch 12pm Dinner 6pm If you would like to sign up for the apprenticeship program, your ticket money will be applied towards it. Please let us know.