Thu, Aug 11|
EcoMaste, Fuente Verde
Bamboo Cabin Building
The value and knowledge of building with natural materials. Learn how to build a small structure made out of different types of bamboo. For those experienced or new to building, designing, and utilizing natural materials this is the course for you.
Time & Location
Aug 11, 2022, 2:00 PM – Aug 21, 2022, 11:00 AM
EcoMaste, Fuente Verde, San José, Tinamaste, Costa Rica
About The Experience
Come to EcoMaste and Experience the vibrance of life in the jungle. Here you will have an opportunity to learn from passionate builders and designers, connect with other like-minded beings, explore a jungle oasis, nutritious and delicious plant based meals, and learn the skills you need to build a simple cabin.
Our goal is for students to have a transformative experience encouraging you to live in harmony with yourself and nature. We hope that what you receive will inspire you to spread this knowledge creating a ripple effect.
Bamboo Cabin building course.
Jose Bermudez has designed a small cabin and will work with bamboo constructor Esteban Venegas and Maestro Rodo to build with bamboo and make a 29 square meter cabin. We will experiment with different joining methods, bending methods, and with different construction strategies to build an efficient yet dynamic space in the beautiful cloud forest near Tinamastes, Costa Rica.
Come join in this exploration that combines modern design with simple natural construction. Perhaps together we will design a new future!
- Instruction from expert master craftsman with more than 35 years of experience. Rodolfo Saenz.
- Building, Design concept, and Designer Esteban Venegas and Jose Bermudez.
- Suitable for any level. From no experience to expert.
- Meditation and Yoga daily
- You must be over 18 years old.
- Fresh fruit through out the day from the property and surrounding area plus 3 meals plant based food.
- Reiki, body massage or a guided personal healing session, at additional cost.
- Access to river and pond.
- Opportunity to become an apprentice and learn from a Bamboo Master, (3-12 month program).
- Hiking trails on property.
- Learn about bamboo varieties for adobe walls
- Harvesting, processing, treatment and curing methods.
- Demonstration of tools and how to make a special knife
- Proper use of manual and electrical tools
- Splitting of bamboo, bending, drilling, pegging, lashing, fish mouths and other joinery techniques.
- How to make a fish mouth
- Make bamboo nails.
- Prepare walls before application of adobe
6:30 a.m. - Yoga
8 a.m. - Breakfast
9 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Classroom Lectures/ Hands-on Workshops
12 p.m. - Lunch
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. - Siesta
1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Hands-On Workshops/Build
6 p.m. - Dinner
7:30 p.m. - Slideshows/ Videos
*Limited space available*
*Accomodations vary according to room and privacy
**Costa Ricans receive a 40% discount. Locals 10%**
***Course and workshop (Model making) receive a 20% discount***
Must be 18 or older. Please make sure you bring your own yoga mat, gloves, goggles and water bottle. We will send you an email with a list of prefered tools to have upon request.
Nos vemos en la jungla!
Count me in!
Bamboo Course BYOT
Bring your own Tent. Your ticket covers: Course tuition All meals Space to setup your tent. Access to compost toilet and showers. Arrival date is August 10th. Course runs the next morning (11th) until the 21st which is check out.
Bamboo Immersion Shared Room
This is a shared room option, first come first serve bunk beds. Your ticket covers: Course tuition All meals Bunk bed in a shared room Access to compost toilet and hot shower available. Arrival date is August 10th. Course runs the next morning (11th) until the 21st which is check out. If you would like to sign up for the internship program, your ticket money will be applied towards it. Please let us know.
Bamboo Immersion Private Room
This is a private room (one double*) Your ticket covers: Course tuition All meals Private room Arrival date is August 10th. Course runs the next morning (11th) until the 21st which is check out.
Deposit for the course *This is non-refundable* and it guarantees a spot in the course. Your ticket, once it is fully paid (course cost minus deposit and the balance is due at check in), covers: Course tuition Meals. Access to facilities, compost toilet and shower. Course runs the morning of August 11th until the 21st Daily times are 8am - 5pm Breakfast 7am Lunch 12pm Dinner 6pm Pura Vida!
Comida y Estadia
Trae tu propia tienda de acampar Tu tiquete cubre: Curso de Bambu Todas las comidas Espacio para acampar. Acceso a los baños secos y duchas libres. Llegada Agosto 10. El curso empieza la mañana siguiente (el 11) hasta el 21 de Agosto que es el día de salida.
Stay & Food