Bamboo Building Immersion
Time & Location
About The Event
Natural Building Immersion.
Come to EcoMaste and experience the abundance of life in the jungle. Here you will have an opportunity to commune with nature, ground yourself, enjoy our nature trails, cascading river, harvest fresh foods from the property, vibrant delicious plant based meals, and learn the skills you need to build with bamboo as well as natural materials.
Our goal is to give students a transformational and regenerative education so that they can be empowered to create a lifestyle rooted in sustainability and collaboration with nature. Learn from world renown Bamboo Master, artisan craftsman, with over 35 years of experience and founder of Bamboo School CR, Rodolfo Saenz.
On this course, we will be building a small structure using natural construction techniques utilizing bamboo, adobe and its combinations as well as learning tips and tricks for building furniture with bamboo.
It is not necessary to have previous knowledge. If you already have some knowledge, the instruction will be adapted to match your skill level, so you can improve on your own skills or progress to more advanced techniques.
The Flow & Highlights:
- Meditation and Yoga daily
- Instruction from expert master craftsman with more than 35 years of experience. Rodolfo Saenz.
- Suitable for any level. From no experience to expert.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- All sample and practice will be in 1/10 scale
- Fresh fruit through out the day from the property and surrounding area plus 3 meals plant based food.
- Reiki session or a guided personal healing session, at additional cost.
- Access to river and pond.
- Opportunity to become an apprentice and learn from a Bamboo Master, (3-12 month program).
- Hiking trails on property.
- Learn about bamboo varieties for adobe walls
- Harvesting, processing, treatment and curing methods.
- Demonstration of tools and how to make a special knife
- Proper use of manual and electrical tools
- Splitting of bamboo, bending, drilling, pegging, lashing, fish mouths and other joinery techniques.
- How to make a fish mouth
- Make bamboo nails.
- Make a bamboo blanket
- Prepare walls before application of adobe
*Limited space available*
*Accomodations vary according to room and privacy
$795 BYOT | $895 shared room | $995 private room*
**Costa Ricans receive a 40% discount. Locals 10%**
***Both courses receive a 20% discount***
Must be 18 or older. Please make sure you bring your own yoga mat, gloves, goggles and water bottle. We will send you an email with a list of prefered tools to have upon request.
Nos vemos en la jungla!
- Bamboo Immersion BYOT$795$7950$0